Hi, my name is Meg.
I grew up in Aurora, Colorado.
I grew up a little more in Fort Collins,
where I found this expensive piece of paper.
To my plight (at first), I came back home,
joined a startup company,
and then joined a startup church.
Now I’m on a new journey on the East Coast that’s just beginning.
I still don’t know what I’m doing most days,
but I’m doing it as if it were my destiny this whole time.
My two goals in life are
1) to show the world that the local church was created to be awesome, and
2) to actively watch God show the church how to be that way.
I learned only one thing in my social work education: You can change the world by listening well.
I figure, if I can teach the church how to listen to people, anyone and everyone,
then maybe I’ll meet all my goals and I can go home.
So it starts here, I guess.
Have a listen.
Oh yeah. Bonus. Here are 7 things you should know about me:
- The world is an intimidating place for me.
- My head spends most of its time in the clouds.
- I eat more ketchup than your average American.
- My three favorite places are coffee shops at night, amusement parks at night, and living rooms full of people at night.
- I’m one of those people who still writes letters.
- In heaven I look forward to meeting Fyodor Dostoyevsky, and I hope you’ll be there to see this pivotal event in my afterlife.
- I don’t think everyone can get a house and a picket fence but I think anyone can leave a legacy, which is a better goal anyway.